Saturday, February 5, 2011

Keeping Busy

For Christmas, Hubs and I decided to get a membership to our local YMCA instead of getting things that neither of us really needed.  It has been a great decision and a good investment for our health.

I attend a spin class three times a week.  The instructor for this class is Maria, but I call her Mania(c).  She is intense!
from http://bbbedazzled.com/?p=74

Two days a week I attend a class that works all the muscle groups.  Most of the time we use our own bodies for resistance.  Ouch!
 from http://www.answerfitness.com/63/weight-training-basics-principles-weight-training/

The only thing I have been able to get Hubs to do so far is to attend yoga classes with me three nights a week.  That is okay because yoga helps him relieve stress, gain flexibility and increase balance.  When we attend a Yin yoga class, we work on the connective tissues around the joints which helps his arthritis.  I receive the same benefits as well as stretching and relaxing all those muscles I have worked so hard in the other classes. 
 
from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Yoga_at_a_Gym.JPG

Since I have been following this workout schedule and eating less, I have managed to lose this...
I have several more of these to lose yet.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Bea,

What a great idea for a Christmas gift. Good for you for losing that 5 lbs ... it sure looks yucky though, lol!

Have a great weekend,

Kathy

Busy Bee Suz said...

Good for you both!!!!
The thought of a spin class makes me run.in.the.other.direction!