Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good bye, Charlie!

Had a doctor's appointment today. The annual "shed 'em and spread 'em". I haven't been to the doctor since we moved here, so this appointment was with a new doctor. I believe I'm going to like her. For a couple of months, I have had a skin tag just inside my left nostril. Not only is it annoying as hell, it looks like I have a booger hanging in my nose all the time. There were times I thought about giving it a name. I mentioned that while I was talking to her about removing it. She told me that she would remove it, but she wasn't sure if she would be able to get it numb enough and that it was "going to hurt like hell." She did get it numb and snipped that little "booger" right off. Then she said, "Goodbye, Charlie." We were giggling like teenagers.

WARNING TO OFFSPRING: YOU MAY WANT TO SKIP THIS PART
She also told me that since I was not doing HRT that I had to "use it or lose it." Therefore, lots of sex. I know I am going to like this lady!

I wasn't going to get a flu shot this year because the only person I'm around is Larry. The doctor said that the flu has already started in North Carolina and it is a particularly nasty strain this year. "And you go to Wal-Mart, don't you? Those cart handles are the worst." Say no more... I'm going to start carrying alcohols wipes.

What's Cookin'?
The sugar cookies are baked. There are pumpkins, ghosts and black cats waiting to be frosted tomorrow. I think this may be my sugar cookie recipe. Still have one more recipe I want to try.

For dinner tonight, I reached in the freezer for a Birdseye Viola! Chicken Primevera. The kitchen challenge today was focaccia bread. No challenge at all. The recipe I used was simple and tastes very good. I found it on recipezaar. You can find a link to the recipe under the links section on the right side of this page.

Busy day tomorrow. I'm making a trip to Wal-Mart (with my alcohol wipes!) and you never know who this weirdo magnet will attract.

1 comments:

Phil and Marilyn said...

Oh my God...I can't believe you named your "booger!" Charlie!!!! Good one Doc! I'm sure glad they could deaden that thing ....that would have hurt...Ouch!!!