Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy New Year!


The smell of a brand new box of crayons.  The squeak of new shoes.  The rustle of new back packs and lunch boxes.  The chatter of old friends seeing each other after a summer break.  Crumpled tissues from the moms who are sending their baby to their first day of preschool/kindergarten/middle school/high school/college.  It is back to school time.

I loved school.  That is part of the reason I became a teacher.  The first day of school is so exciting.  I have been listening to my friends as they prepare their classrooms for a new group of students.  It has made me melancholy.     

Photobucket

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

This is my first time to NOT have a "first day of school" since I went back to teaching full time.

So far, I'm totally OK with it.

I did say I'd sub for elementary, so maybe between now and our move at the end of October, I'll be in SOMEONE'S class room a few times.

farmlady said...

I can remember all of these things. I use to get so excited. I couldn't sleep the night before and I couldn't wait to get to school the first day.
I hope kids still feel this way...

Busy Bee Suz said...

I also love new shoes and new crayons!

Threeundertwo said...

I admit I was one of those moms who cried buckets when my kids went to Kindergarten. Now I'm trying not to think about the fact that my oldest just started High School.

I'm sorry you're blue. I bet you are a fabulous teacher.