Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday - Linen and Things

WOW! Here it is time for Vintage Thingies Thursday. This week has gone by so fast with all the cleaning and renovating going on at our home.


So many of you have shared your vintage linens in past weeks. You inspired me to sort through my cedar chest and I rediscovered some wonderful pieces including this lovely tablecloth.








I decided I would keep this piece out and enjoy it. After doing some intense cleaning in my kitchen, I put this tablecloth up as a window treatment. My kitchen desperately needs a "take it to the studs" renovation, but adding this fabric has made it a bit more homey.








Before I hung the tablecloth up over the window, I used it as a backdrop for some things I pulled out of the Hoosier cabinet to share with you this week.
















This is a Fire King grease bowl with lid. I keep my "egg" money in it.



These spice jars are also displayed in the Hoosier.







The all white one has a solid lid, but the other three have sprinkle tops, since they are salt and peppers. My dear neighbor, Ann, has the entire set of the spice jars with the windmills including the rack which she has had since she "started keeping house" in the late 40s/early 50s. Every time I visit I have to take a look at them. Oh my!
Time for me to scoot on over to Suzanne's to see what all my friends are sharing this week. Join me!


20 comments:

Coloradolady said...

I am loving your tablecloth and all of your things you have displayed in your kitchen. Very cute! I love the grease bowl too. Nice things today...fun.

Sherri said...

I love the table cloth! And used as a window treatment is just beautiful.

Unknown said...

You have so many great things that I covet, Bea! I've got to iron my tablecloths and share them soon.
I posted 5 different giveaways yesterday. You only have until Friday midnight to enter, so be sure to look when you're there.

Reading Rosie said...

Bea, I'll have to share my spice set next week. I also have an old Hooiser cabniet but have not taken the time to refinish it as you have your lovely one. I love the tablecloth as a window treatment.

JEWELGIRL said...

I love all of your nice Springy
things and but the Fireking bowl is
my favorite!

Jeanne said...

We live in an old farmhouse, and I use old floursack dish towels for valances in my sewing room. We should compare notes on our houses, not sure how old ours is but I LOVE IT, all the outdoor photos on my blog were taken at our house. Can't wait to see more of your stuff. :) THIS IS SOOOO MUCH FUN.

Anonymous said...

Love the shakers and the grease bowl, but oh my..that tablecloth. I love it..such pretty colors. Happy VTT and have a lovely day.

Amy said...

oooh I love your treasures! I am such a vintage tablecloth and fireking nut!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I am totally loving your tablecloth. I love vintage cloths and linens. I've also been toying around with using some of my cloths as window treatments, but I've not decided which ones yet. I'd love to just grab my huge Wilendur and hang it on a wall for all to see, it's so pretty to me, but then I'd fuss about the dust. Grr. lol!
I love, love, love that little grease bowl!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tablecloth and it looks just perfect on your window..some sweet things in your cabinet too :)

LADY JANE said...

Totally love to use vintage linens...your tablecloth looks perfect as a window topper! You could get a whole theme going from that little treasure! LOL...I am going for a peek in your cedar closet...bet you have lots of other treasures stored there! Thanks for showing your "stash"!

Susan said...

I love how you have used the tablecloth, too. And I noticed your apple cookie jar up on the shelf. I blogged about mine back a few.

ClassyChassy said...

What a great idea for a window treatment! It looks like it 'belongs' there! Very pretty indeed!

Jan Ely said...

Love the colors in your linen! So nice that you're using it and enjoying it! The jars are lovely too!

Miri said...

I love the gease bowl! and the strawberry tablecloth makes me think of summer-40s tablecloth are always so nice!

Janet, said...

I love your tablecloth. I collect them, too. I think they are so pretty. Sometimes I use mine as window toppers.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I don't know which I love the most Bea! I just adore that Fire King but that tablecloth looks so charming as a window treatment.

Thank you so very much for visiting me today! I like your attitude Bea. If I had only had the spunk then that I have now!

Roslyn said...

A grease bowl, hmmm that's a new one on me, Mum used an old can, I used a coffee can, now I just don't do grease,LOL.
Roslyn

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR BEA
I AM LOVING EVERYTHING ON YOUR POST...I SAW YOUR LITTLE BEA SYMBOL ON A SATURDAY PINK POST AND I LOVED IT...SO I CLICKED IT ON AND CAME TO THIS WONDERFUL BLOG.
I AM ADDING MYSELF AS A FOLLOWER OF YOUR BLOG.
BLESSINGS
debbie

Unknown said...

Hi, Bea!
You have won a prize in my blog post giveaway, 2 vintage postcards. They'd look great framed in your old home!
Send me an email with your address so I can get them in the mail.