Monday, March 23, 2009

They Say It's Your Birthday!


Even though it may look and feel like any other Monday, today is a special day at our house. Today is Larry’s birthday! There will not be much celebrating. No birthday cake or presents. I’m hoping to make him a batch of his favorite cookies, Snickerdoodles. And I may get a cake baked to share with his daughter and son in law, Laura and Tommy, while they are here this week.

While roaming around the blogosphere, I saw a post from blogger
about the six reasons she loves her husband. Why six reasons? I don’t know and she didn’t explain. That idea was tucked away in my mental file to use later. I thought today, his birthday, would be a good day to share the six reasons I love my husband.

1. He met my daughters and married me anyway. Caity was fourteen and Paige was eleven. It had been just the three of us girls for over eight years. Estrogen dripped from the walls of our h
ouse. It never bothered him or if it did, he never showed it. He developed a wonderful rapport with both of the girls and they are better women for it.2. He can fix anything. If he couldn’t, we wouldn’t be living in this house. A few days ago, he told me that he was looking back at all the things wrong with our house when we first moved into it. He didn’t know why I stayed. That’s easy to answer. He’s here and this is what he wants to do.

3. Larry is hilarious. He always has me laughing.
4. He is so analytical. I’ve learned not to ask what he is thinking or how he arrived at a particular solution. It usually makes my eyes cross. He’s a perfect balance to my decisions based on intuition and feelings.5. Everyone likes him. If they don’t like him, it’s because they have never met him.

6. He spoils me.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY LOVE!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tribute to your hubby!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Happy late Birthday to Larry. He sounds like a hoot.