Friday, March 27, 2009

Finished for Friday - March 27

Lit and Laundry
I'm participating in "Finished for Friday" hosted by Lit and Laundry. Make sure you check to see what others have accomplished this week.

I have no pictures of my accomplishments this week. Guess I could have taken pictures of piles of dust and stacks of dirty dishes.

Last weekend, I chased after our eighteen month old grandson. How can anyone so small move so fast and climb so high? Here is a picture of him in one of his quieter moments loving our old Boxer girlie, Ashley.

On Monday, I FINALLY finished the spring cleaning of 3500 square feet of old house. That has been a major ongoing task since the installation of the HVAC. You can see a couple of pictures of what I faced here. I say "finished" but there is one room upstairs that is used for storage right now. It is on my list of things to do for next week.

Tuesday was spent doing general cleaning downstairs in preparation for the arrival of our daughter, Laura, and her husband, Tommy. I was also busy in the kitchen preparing a meal for them upon their arrival here after a fourteen hour drive. They were treated to melt in your mouth bbq beef sandwiches, potato salad, cole slaw, deviled eggs, and Grandma Leach's Pink Salad.

Wednesday's dinner was prepared in between visiting with the kids. We dined on a perfectly cooked roast pork tenderloin, sweet potatoes, steamed fresh asparagus and homemade yeast rolls. For dessert, we had pecan pie that I made for hubbies birthday.

Laura flew back home on Thursday. Hardly enough time to spend with her. Tommy is still here. He will be our guest for a few weeks as he is replacing our wrap around porch. More mess, but at least it is outside.

Now it is my turn. I plan on spending the weekend working in my studio completing some projects to share with you next week. Best get going as I have been so anxious to get back up there.

Have a great weekend and I hope to see you again next week for "Finished for Friday".


Photobucket

0 comments: