Thursday, January 7, 2010

Finished for Friday - Bags by the Old Bag

Lit and Laundry

Brr! I hope you are staying warm. This has been a good week to stay inside.

Hubs and I have managed to get the Christmas tree undressed and to the curb. I have also managed to get a few of the other Christmas decorations piled in the dining room, but seem to be in no hurry to get all the decorations gathered and repacked. There is next week...

I have been enjoying time at the sewing machine. This week I have been working on a couple of handbags to display at my friend's quilt shop. This pink bag is too cute! It would be a great little Valentine's gift. The grommets are plastic drapery grommets and they were so easy to use.

Here is a close up of the pretty beaded trim.

The other bag is an X bag; so named because of the way it forms an X when it is put together. This is the fourth X bag I've made as I did three others for Christmas.


Here is a closer look at the fabric.

What have you accomplished this first week of 2010? Join threeundertwo at Lit and Literature and tell us.



Photobucket

11 comments:

Coloradolady said...

These are really cute! I really love the pink one. So sweet.

Roslyn said...

Yes I agree with Suzanne the pink one is adorably feminine!
I'm a girly girl!

Busy Bee Suz said...

These are so cute. Glad to see you are not rushing to get things done...it is too much stress.
I have my house in semi-order after all the chaos. And that is just fine.

Yoyo said...

What a great use of drapery grommets, very inventive! Do you know if there is a pattern on-line for the X-bag? I have been seeing that so many places and I'd really like to try one.

concretenprimroses said...

I love the drapery grommet idea, very creative. You have been busy just not with cleaning out Christmas.
Nice work.
Kathy

Laura said...

I love how you used those grommets. We were just looking at those a few weeks ago, but for curtain. I never would have thought to use them in a bag like that.

Threeundertwo said...

I honestly think putting away Christmas should count as two weeks worth of work! Such a big job.

I love both of those bags! The x bag is such a clever design.

Thanks for joining in on Finished for Friday!

Lisa said...

It's so much fun to decorate for Christmas, but NOT to take it all down. Yuk!

I LOVELOVELOVE the pink bag with the grommets!!! I have been experimenting with making bags lately and grommets are one of the things I want to try. Yours are absolutely adorable!

Miri said...

Great bags! and both so different! I love the girly pink of the first bag and the wonderful way you used the scenic fabric in the second.

farmlady said...

Very nice work! I love both but the pink one is my favorite.
Happy New Year!

Treasia Stepp said...

Love, love, love this pink bag.