Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More Bags Made for Christmas

Last week I posted about some bags I made for my friend's quilt shop. They are getting a lot of "talk" from customers. If you missed that post, you can see it here.

This is a little bag I made for daughter in law for Christmas. It is a small bag to use when a woman only needs her cell phone, an ID and a lipstick. The name of this bag is "Runaround" and it is a Lazy Girl design. Check out more of their designs here. There is a zipper in this bag, but those Lazy Girls have a very easy method for sewing in zippers. It is as easy as sewing two seams...REALLY!


Below is the first X bag I made. I was disappointed that this bag did not turn out like I thought it should. The pictures on the pattern do not show you that the other side of the bag is opposite. If this bag is turned around, the bag would be the turquoise fabric and the strap would be black...not the look I wanted. Being pressed for time, I sent it to daughter anyway and told her I would redo it. Bless her heart! She said she likes it this way and there was no need to redo it.

After I had the pattern figured out, the next one came together just as I wanted. The outside of the next bag is all black and the lining is pearly pink.

The X bag is from Four Corners Designs.


What am I working on now? Stay tuned...

Photobucket

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am very impressed with your sewing skills!!!! Such a nice MIL too!!!

ninja said...

They look so much more worked on and sophisticated then the usual home made bags. Congrats on your talent.