Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cooler Weather Quandry

It is so nice to have cooler temperatures.  However, the change in seasons sometimes creates fashion dilemmas.  

We had been invited to an open house and equestrian apparel fashion show at one of the daughter's workplace on Friday evening.  As I was dressing the thought of shoes popped into my head.  I have not thought of what shoes to wear since April.  You see, I have worn a pair of Nike flip flops since the weather got warm.  I had to ask Hubs what shoes I wear when I don't wear flip flops.  Of course, being a man he had NO idea.

It was a good bet I couldn't go looking like this.  (There's that funky tan line again!)


I finally went to my closet to search for a pair of cold weather shoes.  Oh yeah!  When not in flip flops, I am wearing a pair of these...

 
I should get out more often AND I should do some shoe shopping...

Photobucket

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

HaHa!!!
That is what I don't like about cooler months...having to give up my sandals!!

Miri said...

If you teamed the flip-flops and socks with a kimono-you'd be right in style!

I have no trouble shoe shopping-not since a Nine West opened 25 minutes from us. :)

farmlady said...

This is so funny because I just had the same dilemma the other day. I get so use to wearing the same sandals and tennis shoes that when I have to go somewhere that requires something special (after a summer of not having to make that choice) I flounder.... and I have lots of shoes in my closet. It's funny how we just let it all slide in the summer.
I love the flip-flops with socks... is that a new fashion trend? Ha!

Lisa said...

Oh, you crack me up! Funny!

Threeundertwo said...

We should go together! I just about only wear tennis shoes.

Love your pic of the flip-flops and socks.